Mechanical Engineering Intern
Qorvo is All Around You! We manufacture innovative RF solutions at the center of connectivity to enable high-performance applications for advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications for 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Our people are always at the core of Qorvo’s innovation. Qorvo is a place to stretch your imagination and push boundaries to achieve success. Learn more about Top 10 Reasons to make a career at Qorvo.
Qorvo’s Internship Program is designed for college students currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program. Qorvo offers real work experience, exposure to upper management, and the opportunity to pursue full time opportunities, as available.
Qorvo’s Internship Program offers:
* Mentorship Program
* Lunch and Learn Series
* Team based work environment
* Formal evaluation process with real time feedback
* Networking and social opportunities
* Meaningful assignments with a final presentation
Qorvo’s Internships are offered in our High Performance Analog, Advanced Cellular, Connectivity and Sensors, and Global Operations business groups. Specific projects and responsibilities will be determined based on the business needs at the time of the internship assignment.
Responsibilities may include:
* Develop and execute mechanical designs from concept to fabrication backed by thorough engineering analysis
* Build test sockets and test fixtures as needed
* Participate in design reviews with hardware and product design teams
* Work with small hand tools to assemble various test fixture assemblies
* Use A3 process to find the root cause of issues and identify opportunities for improvement, implementing corrective actions
* Currently pursuing a BS, MS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Some experience with SolidWorks, AutoCad, 3D CAD Modeling, or FEA depending on the project
* Self-Starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail
Because this position is part of a business unit that contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must be U.S. persons (generally a US citizen or green card holder). Individuals holding temporary visas, such as F-1 or H-1B, are not U.S. persons.