Electrical and Computer Engineering Internship
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Computer/Electrical Engineer Intern to join our team. Locations vary depending on business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Demonstrate your skills that you learned in and out of school with the within ManTech. ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Computer/Electrical Engineer Intern to join our Internship Program to be exposed to exciting hands on technical work to grow your skills and obtain a better understanding of the Computer/Electrical Engineering field. At ManTech, you will work on innovative projects that offer great technical challenges. Interns work on guided projects over the summer that can directly flow back to real contracts. At the end of the summer, all of our interns brief their projects success across ManTech.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or related major.
- Coursework related and/or prior internship related to computer engineering and/or electrical engineering
- Working knowledge or .Net, Java and J2EE applications
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of Web-based applications
- Ability to work and collaborate within an agile team using collaboration tools like Slack, Office 365, Google Suite, Atlassian
- Basic understanding of cyber security and secure systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for low-level / embedded computer/electrical engineering
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly. Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team
- Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and either hold an active US Security Clearance or must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Applicants with the appropriate skills but without a security clearance are still encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
What does an Internship at ManTech look like?
- 10-12 week long internship
- Real responsibilities working alongside experienced professionals
- Develop skills with hands-on projects and mentorship
- Team engagements
- Group activities and outings
What are some examples of projects that they work on?
- Create and deploy cloud environments in AWS, Azure and Google
- Perform cloud security analysis and management
- Build software to perform AI based operation in a low code no code environment
- Work on building DevOps pipeline including microservices
- Perform data lifecycle management
- Work on ServiceNow based service management tools and initiatives
- Required to present at end of year Intern Project Expo
How does a student stand out?
- Has worked on Data Science, AI, Cloud Computing or Cyber projects
- Students who have build a network and/or worked with IoT sensors
- Students who have conducted a healthcare study and built useful apps
- A gamer, hacker or app builder who wants to work on mission side