2023 Quality Engineering Intern
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2023. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
As a Quality Engineer intern/co-op you will gain experience to include, but is not limited to activities and tasks listed below:
- Assume responsibility for quality improvements as they relate to an area within a facility or a specific project or projects within a facility
- Manage the application of root cause analysis in problem-solving
- Participate in Product Quality Planning (impact analysis, preliminary capability, FMEA, Quality Plan, training needs
- Apply hands-on technical troubleshooting skills to existing processes with quality problems
- Review and understand the key procedures and components of the QMS and the business's quality objectives
- Read and interpret customer quality system requirements, including processing and inspection specifications
- Audit business procedures and functions, including processing and inspection operations, against a defined set of requirements
- Create reports which clearly and concisely outline how business procedures and functions either meet or do not meet the defined set of requirements
- Collaborate with business unit teams to agree upon specific, actionable items necessary to implement new requirements or address identified deficiencies
- Query and manipulate data, create Excel spreadsheets for review, and to assist in executing project tasks
- Work with the inspection department to create standard work for inspection processes.
- Work to implement and standardize outputs of CMMs, Master audit, and Calibration for ease of data collection.
- Other duties assigned as needed for this role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree program, majoring in Industrial engineering, Mechanical engineering, Engineering management, or related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to a 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred