Naturalist, Outdoor Education Instructor
NATURALIST, Full-Time Seasonal
Love the great outdoors? Wanna be a positive impact on the next generation?
TO APPLY: Go to www.codesschool.com/join-the-team
Availability: January 1 - May 26, 2023
Benefits: On-campus housing, meals, First Aid/CPR certification, monthly staff outings and team building events, access to campus amenities: weight room, pool, high ropes course, large indoor gym, and game room.
- Instruct & lead your Trail Group over 4 days and 3 nights of fun-filled camp activities, science courses, and hands-on exploration of the San Bernardino National Forest
- Create your own lesson plans that combine science curriculum with inspiration as you bring classroom lessons to life through hands-on learning!
- Lead meals, all-camp games, skit nights, campfire nights and other camp-favorite activities
- Instruct & participate with students in archery, rock wall, zip line, & waterfront
- Promote fun & discipline to ensure a world-class experience for all of our young guests
- Help camp stay in tip-top shape & gain useful experience by serving in other camp departments too: Hospitality (prepping cabins & grounds for the next group), Kitchen Team (food prep, serving, dish-room), & Maintenance (building projects, landscaping, painting) as needed
Qualified Applicants will have:
- A high school diploma
- A valid driver's license (required if your duties require vehicle operation)
- A BS/BA/AA or working towards in the field of life science, biological science, physical science, parks & recreation, or equivalent combination of education & experience (highly preferred)
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as your Savior, and a desire to work in a ministry dedicated to drawing others to faith in God
- The ability to lead a bible study or devotional at least once a month
- Biblically strong moral character, integrity & adaptability--do you walk the walk or just talk the talk?
- At least one (1) year of teaching experience, including lesson planning
- Strong leadership, communication, & time management skills
- A habit of taking the initiative & being self-motivated; always ready for more!
- The physical fitness to trail walk 1-4 miles/day (low intensity)