We are currently seeking a full-time, talented Landscape Designer with a proven track record of assisting in closing sales by producing outstanding creative landscape and hardscape designs for fine homes and properties.
As a Landscape Designer on the Rossen Landscape team, you will be responsible for:
- Creating digital landscape designs, rendered landscape plans, and construction details, and assisting with proposals and cost estimates for high-end residential and commercial properties based on accurate field verification, measurements, and analyses. Design scope will include, but is not limited to:
- Plantings and landscape designs
- Pools, spas & water features
- Structures: decks, screened porches, pool houses, pavilions, pergolas
- Patios, walkways, retaining walls
- Fireplaces & fire pits
- Outdoor kitchens
- Landscape Lighting
- Drainage solutions, etc.
- Attending on-site meetings with the sales team and/or clients. Taking comprehensive notes about site conditions and client design needs. Assisting with elevation and site measurements.
- Coordinating with vendors and subcontractors including civil and structural engineers. Assisting with permitting process when required.
- Serving as one of the primary contacts for new and existing clients and ensuring those relationships are fostered and maintained through the boutique experience.
- Coordinating and collaborating with team members within the Company to ensure our clients are taken care of from beginning to end.
- Being a voice and face for Rossen Landscape while representing the Company in front of clients, in our community, and with our vendors.
Our Core Values
Our ideal Landscape Designer candidate is someone who embodies each of our core values:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of construction and horticulture from prior work experience. State or national landscape industry certification(s) preferred.
- A minimum of two years of landscape and hardscape design experience is preferred in a position that involved working directly with residential and commercial clients.
- An in-depth understanding of landscape construction products, methods, and procedures. Knowledge of horticultural materials and planting techniques specific to the mid-Atlantic region as well as prior experience installing plants and/or hardscaping materials are a plus.
- Experience in reading scaled landscape plans, engineering plan sets, and construction details. Ability to calculate labor costs and material requirements and quantities based on site plans.
- Proficiency in leveraging technology/software such as Vectorworks (& other design software), Adobe Photoshop, Go iLawn, Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook & Excel)
- A valid driver’s license.
Compensation & Benefits
If you’ve got what it takes, we will help you with the rest. You will join a Company with a stellar reputation in the area, and you will have the opportunity to grow your Landscape Design career if you get it, want it, and have the capacity to do it.
- Base pay plus commission commensurate with the candidate’s experience, knowledge and skill set to start.
- Merit bonuses.
- Paid time off.
- Subsidized health insurance & dental plans.
- 401(k) plan with Company match.
- Sponsored continuing professional education.
How to Apply
If what you just read above excites you and you are eager to join a Company you can be proud of, we would love to talk to you! For confidential consideration for our Landscape Designer position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call Kai at 703-327-2284.