Engineering Technician II Intern 10670
New Product Development team is looking for motivated Engineering Technician II – Intern, with excellent problem solving and communication skills. Quality is an important aspect of our products; and as an Engineering Intern, the candidate in this role will work closely with development engineers and Quality teams, to evaluate the performance and usability of Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, before delivering them to internal (and potentially external) customers.
- Collect data from Smokeboxes (training will be provided), and share with key stakeholders following established procedures
- Collect data from CO chambers
- Help with generating relevant test plans with guidance from FW, Mechanical and QA Leads
- Execute Sanity checks on Smoke / CO alarms, prepare status report and share with key stakeholders
- Interface with technical teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Firmware, and Quality
- Provide estimate on activities on an individual level
- Monitor test results and input data into software
- Report status to Manager(s) on a regular basis
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering field preferred)
- Familiarity with basic Windows applications (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Should be more comfortable with Excel
- Soldering experience is a plus
- Familiarity with terminal emulators, power supply, oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers a plus
- Team player, ability to follow instructions, quick learner, highly motivated, taking initiative and great “can do” attitude
- Some experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Eager to learn
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.