Specification Writer Apprenticeship Program - Florida
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Specification Writer Apprenticeship Program—Florida
We are looking for Specification Writers to join our Allegion team as part of our Specification Writing Apprenticeship Program! As a Specification Writer in the program, you will complete two rotations in the span of 9 months. This immersive program includes in depth training and development to prepare you for your role of providing access solutions by creating door hardware specifications.
In the first six months of the training program, you will relocate to our training facility in Golden Valley, Minnesota. Here you will participate in classroom style training with others in your cohort.
During this segment, you will learn about the industry, our products, and codes as well as how to read blueprints. In the last three months of the training program, you will transfer to your permanent location in your respective regional sales office. Here you will prepare for your full-time role by writing specifications with the help and supervision of your team so that you are prepared to hit your market ready for success!
*This role is eligible for remote work.*
What You Will Do:
Rotational Training Key Elements:
- Complete immersive SWAP training program curriculum to increase knowledge about Allegion customers, products and processes.
- Participate and engage in various manufacturing trainings, product training and program events to deepen you understanding of Allegion systems, processes and customers.
- Immerse yourself in Allegion’s culture by attending networking and professional development events to gain valuable relationships throughout the organization.
- Learn and master Allegion’s state of the art tools, systems, and resources.
- Graduate from 9-month training program with in depth knowledge of role, best practices, policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure best in class customer experiences.
Full Time Role Responsibilities:
- Create technical hardware sets and specifications for the architectural community, including code compliance for new construction projects as well as aftermarket requests.
- Provide solutions to architects on product application requirements.
- Participate in pre and post installation meetings as needed and assist with revisions, access control coordination, and requests for information during all phases of the project.
- Exhibit a basic understanding of electro-mechanical products and solutions including access control and software.
- Communicate door hardware coordination requirements and/or conflicts, such as access control, electrical requirements, and specialty doors.
- Work in conjunction with Project Coordinator to provide a positive customer experience and deliver on project commitments.
- Maintain excellent industry/competitor product knowledge by reviewing and understanding market data of competitive activity. Adapt to changes in the marketplace.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, or Technical field preferred
- Strong mechanical and electronics aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office tools
- Ability to learn industry specific software
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence with actionable goals
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in residing to Florida and/or candidates planning to relocate to Florida.
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”.
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
- Unlimited PTO
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
Remote Location Florida
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.