Post Graduate Public Relations Intern - June/July/August 2022
About us: Highwire Public Relations is a modern communications agency designed for disruptive companies. As the top-ranked independent tech and healthcare PR firm, we represent some of the biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare, and consumer. We are nimble, creative and committed to growth and inclusivity for all our team members.
At Highwire, we believe that storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency, we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone—regardless of age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and different abilities–can feel safe, celebrated and worthy.
We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future for all.
Highwire’s Internship Program stands out in our industry. With dedicated managers and mentors supporting your growth and an immediate contributing role on real client teams, Highwire interns get the coaching and experience that builds confidence and hones PR skills. We are looking for recent college graduates who are passionate about pursuing a career in Tech PR and will take the initiative to make the most out of this opportunity.
- Attending client meetings and the art of the action item
- Compiling media coverage into client facing clip reports
- Researching reporters, blogs and social media sites
- Trend research
- Drafting pitches and press materials
- Conducting customer interviews
- Writing press releases and blog posts
- Social media
- Advanced measurement and reporting
- College graduate as of January 2022
- A genuine interest in technology and tech companies
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An eye for detail and an ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to navigate and master social media and social networking sites
- A background and/or experience in PR, journalism, English, political campaigns, technology and/or marketing is preferred
This is a paid position, for six months with a substantial review at three months. Successful interns may be offered full-time employment based on performance and business need.
If you know that PR is the only career for you, you have a genuine interest in technology and you meet the requirements above, please apply with a cover letter and resume as attachments. We will only contact applicants chosen for interviews; we apologize that we cannot respond to every applicant.