Electrical Engineering Associate
NYC startup building next generation tech. Join us and build completely new things, fail fast, and come up with next gen ideas and solutions. We are coming out of stealth with some very exciting products and you would be one of the early employees at a stage where you can make a lasting impact.
- This is not a cubicle job.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- You would be one of the key people in a high visibility project.
On any given day you may:
- Provide production/manufacturing support (troubleshooting production issues, problem reports, procedure updates, design updates due to component obsolescence, etc.)
- Produce technical documentation for manufacturing needs (specifications, procedures, test plans/procedures, modification instructions, etc.)
- Have a level of comfort transforming conceptual designs into detailed schematics, PCB layouts, fabrication and assembly drawings
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot PCBA & electrical subsystems
- Research, source and acquire OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) components
- Interact with fabricators and suppliers of electrical parts to ensure quality and accuracy
- Resolve technical issues and track in project management tools
- Perform new design work and the detailing/completion of designs created by others
- Be comfortable and humble enough to wear many hats
- And most importantly: Have a "can do" startup mindset
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in CE, EE, or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years of electrical engineering experience required in electronics design
- Hands-on experience building, testing and troubleshooting electronic circuits
- Hands on electrical lab equipment experience, including high-speed Signal Performance Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Manual Rework station, etc.
- Experience with mechanical integration of PCBs with custom enclosures
- Strong communication and organizational skills to manage relationships with external suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience
- Proficient in Altium or Orcad CIS schematic/Allegro PCB EDA tools.
- Proven success with end-to-end PCB development including schematic capture, layout, bring-up, testing, and debugging of high-density, high-speed PCBs
- Familiarity with high-speed signal integrity simulation and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, USB, PCIe, I2C and SPI standards
- Competitive salary ($60-120k)
- Save the world
- Can work remotely some of the days
- Located in NYC / Brooklyn
- Stay away from cubicles and big boring corporations
- Work on cool projects including both hardware and software
- Wear your pajama to work