Engineering Summer Internship 2023
We are coming up with ways to build the world’s most incredible Ice Makers and Ice Storage Equipment; we are thinking outside and inside the box to design efficient and reliable components and equipment; we are bringing innovation to life each day with dreamers like you on our team.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Intern at our Pentair Commercial Ice facility in Manitowoc, Wisconsin*.
As an Engineering Intern, you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects depending on your interest and background.
We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the "rocks" in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Some of the projects will give you the opportunity to work on:
- Leading prototype unit builds and addressing assembly, production, and field issues
- Performing component and unit level testing and data collection
- Analyzing data using engineering and statistical methods
- Assisting in the design of assembly fixtures
- Conducting Patent or Industry Research
- Assisting in the writing of preliminary project plans, reports, and global templates
- Conceptual design work
- CAD 3D modeling and 2D drafting and Layout
- Creating Detail drawing
- Performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Software programming, development, and verification
Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or post graduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Materials or Electrical).
- Must have completed at least one full year of study and be actively enrolled in a degree program. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- CAD, SolidWorks, or Pro E, Creo experience
- Experience with eDAQ and/or Lab VIEW
- Programming experience (C++, Visual Basic, PLC Ladder logic, etc.)
- Statistical analysis (Minitab)
- Finite element analysis (stress/thermal FEA)
- Ability to read/create process, hydraulic, and/or electrical schematics
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – written and verbal
- Working conditions include; office work environment with occasional time spent in a production factory environment with exposure to heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for brief periods of time
Manitowoc Ice, a Pentair Brand - designs, manufactures, and supplies best-in-class ice makers and ice storage equipment for the global foodservice market. Manitowoc Ice, a Pentair Brand offers customers unparalleled operator and patron insights, collaborative solutions and world-class support and service, whether locations are around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia
*Known as America’s #1 Selling Ice Machine, Pentair Commercial Ice (Also known as the brand Manitowoc Ice), designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Our products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. Pentair Commercial Ice is a division of Pentair.