Electrical Engineering Internship (Spring/Summer 2023)
Who we are
The Blue Innovations Group is focused on enabling the world’s transition from land to water using sustainable solutions. We are a growing company founded by a battle-hardened leader for launching new products from concept to mass-production in extreme conditions. As a company, we are reimagining live on the water focused on uncompromised marine products.
What we're looking for
Blue Innovations Group is looking for an Electrical Engineering Intern to join our growing Engineering team to enable the world’s transition from land to water. The ideal candidate is a solution driven electrical, computer, or electronics engineering student with superb theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Support one or more experienced engineers with engineering tasks related to research, development, design, and testing.
- Design high-level schematics for electric boat systems, such as battery-electric powertrain, battery management, thermal management, and charging systems.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting prototype hardware. Complete root cause analysis and resolve issues in assigned tasks.
- Supporting the integration of various off-the-shelf and custom electrical equipment into prototypes and electric boat products.
- Programming and calibrating various electronics and electrical subsystems.
- Formulate and execute test plans for electrical systems validation.
- Support off-site testing by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Additionally, make suggestions and recommendations for improvements based on the results from the data.
- Assist in the building and construction of prototype hardware, such as break-out boards and wiring harnesses.
- Assist design engineers with schematics and 3D designs for PCBs and wiring harnesses.
- Participate in system level design reviews.
- Student pursuing a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, electronics engineering, or equivalent with an anticipated graduation of May 2024 or sooner.
- Programming experience in languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Altium designer (or equivalent) experience: schematic and layout.
- Experience simulating and designing complex electrical schematics in PSpice/LTspice (or equivalent).
- Deep knowledge of electrical engineering principles, such as circuit analysis, digital electronics, communication protocols, electromagnetic fields, high-voltage systems, etc.
- Thinks and designs with first principles.
- Experience prototyping electrical hardware with an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, FPGA, or similar.
- Familiarity with the Matlab and Simulink suite.
- Previous hands-on experience troubleshooting, debugging, and testing electrical hardware. Includes knowledge of soldering and working with lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes and power supplies.
- Desire to work in a lab or field environment with your hands.
- Willingness to self-learn and work through complicated engineering problems.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices and procedures.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines including electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering as well as purchasing, logistics, finance, and marketing.
- Role is in-person located at the Blue Park in Pinellas Park, FL.