Engineering Process Technician, Battery Cells
What to Expect
Seeking highly motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment to take on a wide range of manufacturing and development challenges at our 4680 Battery Cell production line at Gigafactory Texas. This individual will apply his/her technical skills to setup, operate, and adjust equipment, coach and train operators, lead continuous improvement activities, support design of experiments, collect and analyze data to troubleshoot processes. The Engineering Process Technician is a key member of the process development team focused on developing innovation, equipment, and tooling to accelerate the world’s transition to GWh Hours of sustainable energy.
What You’ll Do
- Perform equipment setup, operation, adjustments, and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet safety, quality and efficiency standards for equipment in varying development stages
- Identify problems and potential solutions to troubleshoot issues as they arise during regular production and engineering builds
- Develop operating procedures for equipment or new processes in standard format
- Collaborate with maintenance and engineering to develop test methods for process improvements, design of experiments (D.O.E.)
- Conduct analytical tests, measure and record data using defined tools and software
- Participate in the continuous improvement of safety, quality, output, and tool uptime
- Inspect and test finished product during and after regular production and engineering builds
- Assemble and test manufactured goods for dedicated tooling and or processes
- Load and unload material, weight varying, into containers and tools when needed.
- Support work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organization
- Support production leadership at times in organizing associates and manpower to perform engineering trials on equipment.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and or operating and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Strong proficiency in common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to work with others in cross-functional team environment and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Comfortable with frequent change of direction, dynamic work environment and passion to perform time-sensitive analysis under pressure.
- Experience with high-volume and high-speed continuous motion manufacturing production
- Experience utilizing SQL queries to access the data base and pull reports/data
- Experience with any data analysis software (Minitab, JMP, etc) and/or ability to draw accurate conclusions from data
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and (D.O.E.) design of experiments.