Landscape Architect/Designer - ( 220003M9 )
If you are a talented designer and great thinker with a landscape architecture or urban design degree and at least three (3) years of professional experience, we have opportunities for you.
Stantec is growing its landscape architecture and urban design practice in our Florida offices. We have a strong presence in the Florida market offering landscape architecture, civil engineering, architecture, environmental, and planning services. Working in collaboration with our partners, our studios provide design services for a wide variety of project types and scales including parks, streetscapes, master planned communities, resorts, themed entertainment, healthcare and corporate campus, and sports/athletics facilities.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and a portfolio containing a variety of design work depicting a range of personal style, software skills/abilities and design diversity. If available , a URL to your online portfolio can also be provided with the submission.
We are seeking a positive, highly motivated, and innovative professional who is passionate about urban design, site planning, and landscape architecture. Top candidates will excel at design thinking, have excellent graphic communication skills, and articulate written and verbal communication. Candidates will possess the rigor to produce the best design solutions and work products possible and have an interest in collaboration with other team members.
You will have the opportunity to plan and design public and private projects across various scales and uses, including civic spaces, streetscapes, parks, residential communities, commercial, sports/athletic, and more. You will build new relationships with some of our more than 250 landscape architects firm-wide, be mentored, and in turn mentor new staff as we continue to grow.
You will develop technical skills and assist the project team with drawings, master planning, and drafting throughout the creative design process. Being creative and detail oriented, you will create planning and design documents, together with conceptual and final landscape designs, renderings, cost estimates, as well as have opportunities to meet clients, vendors, and attend site visits.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of licensed Landscape Architects to assist in the development of our ongoing projects by collaborating with our local Stantec team and other project teams in Florida and the US
- Collaborate with planners, architects, engineers, ecologists, real estate market analysts, developers, contractors, and clients to enhance our group's production on all things related to landscape architecture and implement effective communication and coordination on projects among other project participants
- Collaborate with other team members while working on projects and managing specific project tasks as appropriate
- Understand and execute the site inventory and analysis process. Investigate design variables, owner/client requirements, budget constraints, site constraints, building operation, circulation, site grading, stormwater management, sustainability, soils, planting plans, and the preparation of construction documents
- Prepare conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents for site plans and support graphics using hand drawings and other computer programs
- Prepare and lay out documents, reports, and presentations
- Prepare site plans and understand principles of grading and drainage, planting design, detail design, and documentation
- Support marketing and business development efforts
- Participate in meetings and presentations
- Perform other related duties as needed
Qualifications - Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 3 years of prior professional landscape architecture experience
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team
- Understanding of budgeting, efficient use of time and resources as it relates to personal tasks, project scope and project budget issues
- Developing ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Exceptional conceptual design and graphic skills using hand and computer drawing and rendering techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SketchUp is required. Revit experience is a plus. Experience with Enscape, Lumion, Twinmotion, Rhino, Grasshopper, or other 3-D visualization programs is strongly preferred
- Exceptional technical design skills in site and planning projects across a range of project scales from less than one acre to thousands of acres in size. Skills required include technical design layout, grading, and detailing projects of all sizes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and LandFX
- Strong quantitative aptitude and attention to technical detail are required. Prior experience in site construction, either observation or hands-on, is beneficial but not required
- Familiarity with and ability to identify Florida plants a plus, but not required
Education and Experience
- Successful candidates must have an undergraduate and/or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program
- Current licensure as a Landscape Architect is preferred. Eventual licensure is expected
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- A desire and ability to be a multi-discipline team member
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Other Locations : United States-Florida-Naples, United States-Florida-Sarasota
Organization : BC-2156 Community Development-US South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 19, 2022, 10:17:04 AM
Req ID: 220003M9
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans