Summer Intern - Engineer
What we are looking for
SCS Engineers is looking for a summer 2023 intern for our Columbia, MD office. SCS's goal is to provide a student intern with valuable technical and engineering business experience through our diverse range of projects for the clients we serve. Also, we believe this opportunity provides a student intern the ability to explore the beginnings of their own career path. As an intern, you may work with us on landfill construction inspection and reporting, landfill permitting, and landfill design utilizing AUTOCAD Civil 3D. You will work 40 hours per week typically. The paid internship will start in May/June 2023 and end in August/September 2023. Your exact start and end date will be determined to fit with your school schedule.
How you can make an impact as an Intern
You contribute to our projects by assisting SCS project teams with the following tasks:
- Construction observation and documentation
- Environmental and construction materials sample collection
- Laboratory data management and review
- Reporting and calculation preparation
- CAD drafting
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Geological Engineering, or Construction-related field and graduating by June 2025 required.
- Must be willing to live in the Baltimore area for Summer 2023 (housing allowance will not be provided)
- Solid technical and computer skills (AutoCAD experience preferred)
- Previous leadership experience required
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required
Pay for this role is $18- 20/hour depending on your experience and school level.
Whether it's reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we've been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at firstname.lastname@example.org.