Engineering Technician- Industrial Manufacturing
BRP Marine is seeking an Engineering Technician to help develop the next generation of boats & engines. Production of the BRAND NEW SEA-DOO SWITCH has already begun! This position will be responsible for the fabrication and assembly of prototypes, testing of components and sub-systems, and data acquisition and analysis.
You will have the opportunity to work with fun/exciting products and spend some time out on the water!
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to independently run tests on components, sub-systems, and complete vehicles
- Responsible for solving problems with limited direction
- Document development work, analyze data, generate and present technical reports
- Responsible for development, maintenance and operation of complex data acquisition and equipment
- Interface with customers and dealers to diagnose and address issues in the field
- Rig boats, engines, and maintain vehicle test fleet
- Maintain a functional, safe, and productive working environment
- Participate in design reviews
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate's degree in (Mechanical Technician/ Automotive Technology/Diesel Engine Technology/Motorcycle, Marine & Outdoor Power Products) with zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) with the ability to interface with data
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude with applicable experience
- Some familiarity with machine tools is required
- Any welding experience would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 10 - 15% of the time. (During Winters - to Florida, during Summers to a local lake)
Work schedule: This is a 1st Shift position and the work week is Monday - Friday, 8 hour days. Start time is flexible - can be anytime between 6:00am and 8:00am.
WELCOME TO BRP
We’re a world leader in recreational vehicles and boats, creating innovative ways to move on snow, water, asphalt, dirt and even in the air. Headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec, our company is rooted in a spirit of ingenuity and intense customer focus. Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, Australia and Austria, with a workforce made up of close to 20,000 spirited people, all driven by the deeply held belief that at work, as with life itself, it’s not about the destination; It’s about the journey.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.