Summer 2023- Engineering Internship for Engineering Majors - Corpus Christi District Headquarters - (2200910)
Assists in transportation engineering support work such as construction inspection, structural construction design, laboratory testing, surveying or engineering data collection, operating data collection equipment, and other entry-level engineering support work. Employees at this level perform assignments following specific instructions and are subject to frequent review by the immediate supervisor.
- Compiles information from microfilm records and other archival materials.
- Develops spreadsheets, databases, and other electronic documents.
- Gathers basic data and assists with routine statistical analysis.
- Inspects construction methods and workmanship to ensure contractors build roadways, bridges, airports, traffic signals and related highway structures in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Inspects materials, equipment, and production procedures in a manufacturing plant and/or conducts laboratory tests to ensure construction materials meet Department specifications; as required, moves items related to these duties.
- Obtains material samples for analysis and assists with routine lab testing including operation and cleaning of laboratory equipment; as required, moves items related to these duties.
- Performs data entry and computer-aided analysis.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Performs survey work such as positioning rod and chain.
- Performs traffic counts and gathers related traffic and accident data.
- Prepares base sheets, details, specifications and estimates for landscape construction projects.
- Prepares required worksheets and inspection reports.
- Processes various construction-related documents and maintains construction project records.
- Uses drafting equipment and performs hand or computer-aided drafting and calculating work.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned