Bridges & Civil Structures Engineering Intern (June 2023)
Join us to Shape a better world!
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world
The Bridges and Civil Structures team designs structures which enhance the built environment around the world. Graduate engineers will join other talented designers in our interdisciplinary office to work on challenging, interesting, and award-winning infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Preliminary and detailed design of new bridges, stations and other civil structures
- Preliminary and detailed rehabilitation design of existing bridges, stations and other civil structures
- Inspection of existing bridges, stations and other civil structures and preparation of reports
- Analysis and design of structural systems and components using industry standard structural design software and preparation of formal design calculation packages
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
- Interest in the design of bridges, non-building structures and infrastructure, underground and offshore structures
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Must not require sponsorship now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Interest in sustainable design
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- Internship experience with an engineering firm in the built environment
- FE/ EIT certification
- Experience with advanced digital tools and design, such as parametric design, automation, coding and 3D BIM software
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Bridge and Civil Structures include:
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Second Avenue Subway, New York
- Valley Line Southeast LRT, Edmonton
LA Hiring Range: The good faith base salary hiring range for this job performed in Los Angeles, California is $24.00 to $35.00 per hour. Please note hiring ranges for candidates performing work outside of Los Angeles, California will differ.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.