Quality Assurance Engineering Co-Op
Candidates for the Summer/Fall term must be able to work full time for 6 months starting in June of 2023
Co-Opportunity is a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF professionals. You’ll be involved in high-profile projects as an integral member of our working teams. We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate or graduate degrees in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering. Each assignment lasts a school term, and you may be invited to return to GAF Corporation for additional terms while you continue your education. During your assignment, you will have a mentor - someone who will act as a coach to help you better understand both our company and your work responsibilities. You will receive a competitive salary and - depending on location - a temporary living allowance or relocation allowance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing raw material quality assurance activities and material performance.
- Conducting problem solving investigations and troubleshooting to assure root cause is identified, counter measures and recurrence prevention are fully implemented.
- Supporting quality improvement initiatives directly or indirectly with suppliers.
- Providing technical support and analytical analysis for material issues.
- Involvement with data flow diagrams/technical diagrams.
- Must be able to work full-time for a minimum of 6-months (Jun - Dec 2023).
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
- Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have the ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in Google, MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD.
- Each rotation typically culminates with a formal report-out presentation to a group of GAF leadership from multiple functional areas.
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.gaf.com