Project Engineering Co-Op
We are looking for a Project Engineering Co-Op who will be responsible for maintaining excellence in developing, executing and controlling assigned projects to achieve plant goals under the guidance of a GAF Project Engineer and/or Technical Services Manager. Through application of engineering techniques and principles, the incumbent will conduct analyses and investigations pertaining to enhancements for existing facilities and manufacturing equipment and processes to optimize productive capability of the plant. We encourage the Project Engineering Co-Op to make sound recommendations, considering such factors as cost, maintainability, facility of production and availability of materials and equipment with emphasis on safety and optimum performance. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly adaptive and capable of managing multiple engineering assignments.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership for an engineering/efficiency project from conception to completion with guidance of a GAF Project Engineer and/or Technical Services Manage, applying all areas of engineering expertise to obtain a workable solution.
- Coordinate with the contractor and Company representatives to seamlessly complete engineering projects as efficiently as possible without causing production delays.
- Develop detailed justifications for capital expenditures and communicate them both verbally and in writing at multiple levels within the organization.
- Must be able to work full-time for a minimum of 6-months (Jan - June 2023).
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
- Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have the ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in Google, MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and AutoCAD.
- Each rotation typically culminates with a formal report-out presentation to a group of GAF leadership from multiple functional areas.
Consideration will be given based on geography, candidate experience, and qualifications.