At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies Co-Op Program provides current college students with meaningful assignments, leadership training, valuable exposure to our company's senior leaders and opportunities to network. Our Co-Op is offered to candidates working towards their Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or General Engineering field and will operate full-time from May to December as we work with your University towards Academic Credit for your work.
Here at Trane Technologies, we value our people and their development. Our goal is to uplift talent and provide options for career paths after graduation. Click here to learn more.
Onsite in La Crosse, WI – $3500 relocation/housing stipend is provided prior to starting
We have various co-op positions available; examples of potential work assignments are:
Product Engineering Co-Op:
- Lead test projects in the Product Development Laboratory
- Cultivate untapped value for our products by analyzing customer data
- Improve manufacturability of products
- Lead cross-functional team to complete quality improvements/initiatives
- Research new opportunities to broaden customer base
- Analyze an industry standard or code required to sustain products
Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op:
- Analyzing production times and developing job breakdown sheets
- Implementing manufacturing process improvement: metal forming/fabrication, CNC machining operations, mechanical assembly, welding robotics, flame/induction brazing, etc.
- Assisting with new capital equipment purchases, involving business case support and equipment research
- Support product performance testing
Quality Engineering Co-Op:
- Quality system development for new products and existing products
- Partnering with Internal Audit for process improvement and documenting quality procedures
- Analyzing processes, documentation, and production for quality improvement
- Ad-hoc projects based on skill-level, degree, or general interest
We hire the majority of our full-time positions through our intern & co-op talent, successful candidates will have an opportunity to interview for full-time positions.
Successful Candidate’s Profile:
We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative team members who understand the importance of collaboration and customer focus.
- Must be currently enrolled in a BS/BA in an Applied Physics or an Engineering-major with a cumulative overall GPA at or above 3.0 throughout the duration of the program
- Must be available to work Full-time for 6-8 consecutive months (May-December)
- Completed coursework focusing on Thermodynamics and Mechanical Design
- Collaborate with others to foster effective teamwork by linking own responsibilities to the team’s goals and needs
- Zeal for new information, knowledge, and experiences
- Rapidly resolve problems to maximize customer satisfaction
- Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently; ability to prioritize tasks based on importance
- Demonstrated leadership: campus organizations, sports team captain, resident advisor, etc. or exceptional leadership on work projects
- U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Base Pay Range: $22.00 - $29.50 per hour
Disclaimer – This base pay range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of function, class year, and geographic location where the work is performed.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.