Mechanical Engineering Internship
Come join our team as a Mechanical Engineering Intern. You will be an active member of the STERIS Life Sciences Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) Engineering Team supporting new product development and sustaining of existing products. You will be gaining knowledge by working under the guidance of STERIS engineers and scientists. This internship will allow you to complete valuable engineering projects developing and building fundamental engineering skills. These projects contribute to the growth of the department and provide a positive impact to our customers in the Life Sciences industry.
Key Internship Information:
- Paid Internship
- Full-Time (40 hours) - This is a full-time internship Monday-Friday
- Location - This is a 100% onsite role and requires interns to work at our Mentor, Ohio facility
What You Will Do
- Assist with component design
- Work with solid models and engineering drawings (CAD/SolidWorks/etc.)
- Collect and analyze data
- Develop mathematical models, applying statistics and equations describing physical phenomena
- Help implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency and quality
- Follow industry codes, standards, and recommendations
- Take part in design review and verification
- Organize and document testing and product development process
- Research various technologies and materials
- Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects
- Interface with cross-functional teams
- Communicate and present testing results and milestones (Microsoft Office Tools/Excel/PowerPoint/etc.)
- Requires a fundamental understanding and application of mechanical engineering principles including thermodynamics and fluid/air process flow
- Organizational, communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
Successful completion of Sophomore level coursework or above by May 2023 with a Major in Mechanical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering or Equivalent.