GROUNDED Engineering Services, LLC (GROUNDED) is currently seeking staff engineers/geologists for geotechnical and construction materials testing. Staff engineer duties including data reduction, analysis & fieldwork for commercial, industrial, and residential projects (both Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Materials Testing/Inspection). The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assisting with project management & reporting
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Field inspection, sampling & testing of soils, concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, etc.
- NPDES monitoring - Site inspections and reporting
- Geotechnical borehole layout, drilling supervision, and borehole logging.
- Office roles may include but not limited to, performing engineering analyses, assisting in geotechnical report preparation, report review, estimating and developing proposals and supervising/assisting with laboratory testing.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Client consultation and maintenance
- Position entails approximately 70% fieldwork and 30% office with occasional travel.
The preferred candidate will have:
- B.S. degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering and 0-3+ years applicable experience.
- EIT or GIT is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read maps, follow directions, and interpret engineering and construction plans
The position includes the following benefits:
- Company vehicle
- 80 hours Paid Time-Off (PTO) per year
- Health Insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance with all premiums paid 100% by Employer
- Participation in the company 401k, which allows the company to match 100% of your contribution up to 4% of your annual salary
- Tablet for field services work, typically Microsoft Surface or Apple iPad
- Laptop Computer
- Any and all software, tools, or other materials needed to complete your jobs as assigned