Engineering Co-Op - (Fall 2023)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. Students who are seeking increasingly challenging assignments and a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply principles learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design.
- Responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and /or product engineering throughout their co-op experience.
- Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Attend regular departmental meetings.
- Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects.
- Analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members, and other departments on new product development, product line extensions, and product enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education
- Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar may be considered
- Minimum sophomore standing enrolled at an accredited 4-year university is required
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Access)
- Strong writing skills and interpersonal skills
- Critical problem analysis, decision making and analytical abilities
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must pass all required pre-employment screenings