Civil Engineering-Sustainable design & Construction management
Serving communities in Africa
Job Description |SUSTAINABLE DESIGN- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING-CONSTRUCTION | Remote
- SAYAP AFRICA -
Location: Worldwide, remote online
Job Status: Part-time, Volunteer, Internship, Experiential Learning
Sayap Africa is a 501(C)(3) international non-profit organization with headquarters in San Jose, California. We empower and assist communities in 10 African countries. One of our goals is to help stop the erosion, which is endangering many schools and hospitals in Africa due to climate changed, deforestation, unsustainable farming, mining of sand for brickmaking, road construction and poorly designed drains. Communities are left with no help to prevent further destruction. We are seeking volunteers to help us stop the erosion and provide solar panels to Eseka High school in Cameroon. We also need a partnership to design blueprint for hospitals, orphanages, and hydroelectric dams in 10 African countries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designs and develops plans and drawings of new habitats constructions or remodeling.
· Apply structural engineering principles and practices in related fields, across a variety of sectors, including healthcare, education, and multi-residence living.
· Prepare studies, design reports, engineering plans and construction specifications.
· Evaluate alternative approaches and address technical inquiries.
· Provide engineering support for construction projects on an as needed basis.
· Analyze reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, geotechnical data and other information to plan projects of routine to average complexity and create design deliverables.
· Renewable energies research for hospitals, schools, and rural communities for the protection of the environment and good health and prosperity.
· Train trainers and local students for sustainability
· Design STEM programs in construction engineering and renewable energy for Africa
QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and capabilities:
· Bachelor's degree or master students in civil or architectural engineering/technology with structural emphasis, or a sound technical background.
· Engineering experience, AutoCAD knowledge.
· Ability to perform structural calculations and detailing.
· Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
· Strong technical, organizational, and planning, and time management skills.
· Diversity, Inclusion and curriculum design for STEM for Africa.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to Recruit@sayapafrica.org with the subject line: “Engineering Volunteer”. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, with an interview conducted asap. We look forward to hearing from you!