Electrical Engineering Intern
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Electrical Engineering Intern is responsible for participating in design review, generating, checking and approving electrical design drawings (i.e. Wiring Diagrams, Harness Assembly, Routing and Clamping) for modifications to commercial & business aircraft. Potential to participate onsite at aircraft installations or surveys.
• Demonstrate a keen interest in electrical systems design and currently undergoing equivalent-field higher level studies.
• Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations and equivalent foreign regulations is an advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals at all internal levels of the organization and externally with clients.
• Ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other project and engineering related software programs.
• Receive training & participate in design activities for aircraft electrical equipment installations and alterations (antennas, avionics equipment, interior components).
• Receive training and participate in the development of and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory to highs standards & requirements.
• Work in a challenging & fast-paced environment to quickly resolve electrical manufacturing and installation problems.
• Participate in internal and external program review meetings
• Potential to be shadow as seasoned team onsite at numerous aircraft systems installation events
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2023 graduate
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism, and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 12 weeks starting on Monday, May 22, 2023 through August 11, 2023
- Schedule - 40 hours/week, Monday- Friday, 9 – 5 or regular core hours
- Hybrid environment (minimum 3 days in office location)
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled