Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Who We Are Looking For
AGCO is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Intern to join our grain and protein engineering team in Assumption, IL.
This is a paid, full-time internship during the summer of 2023 at AGCO Grain and Protein headquarters in Assumption, Illinois. Housing is provided for students who reside more than fifty miles from Assumption. Students are required to work forty hours per week on-site at our office in Assumption from May 31 through August 5, 2023.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using appropriate systems and tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material, and personnel.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work and Work Instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, update and/or design manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance, operations, and maintenance personnel to prevent and/or solve problems with products, equipment, and tooling.
- Support current and new product introductions.
- Comply with all AGCO safety rules policies and procedures.
What You Will Bring
- Enrollment in a degree program in manufacturing engineer, agricultural engineering or related field
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to work location on a daily basis
- Strong computer literacy: MS Office Suite; web-based applications
A Plus If You Have
- Thorough knowledge of lean terminology and processes
- Experience with controls, automation, PLC/HMI, and electrical schematics
- Experience in design of manufacturing equipment, tooling, and material handling systems
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with 2D drawing and 3D modeling systems: AutoCAD; Solid Works and/or Creo
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.