Saladino Design Studios is an Award winning Concept and Interior Design Firm specializing in Commercial Hospitality. We are looking for a Highly Creative Individual to work inside our ID department. Please submit portfolio and resume.
- Effectively fulfills tasks to document and convey design requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team with general supervision
- The Intermediate Designer is a team member in the design of a project through the design phases established in Saladino Design Studios (SDS). Said phases are: Conceptual design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Execution of said project in the field.
- Work hand in hand with the architectural department – every project will have a lead Interior Designer (ID) member and a lead Architect (ARCH) member.
- Assists in and collaborates on designing and preparing implementation document sets (i.e., interior plans, fixture plans, elevations, details) for designated projects
- Works with project team to review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality
- Organizes files, materials and displays
- May complete site surveys, field verification and test fit plans
- Conducts research (i.e., conceptual, site, client, materials) for the project team
- Assists with the development of interiors concepts based on client vision, desire, project scope and architectural concept
- Participates in schematic design activities, including making adaptations and modifications and assisting other designers in specific aspects of overall design
- Utilizes creative thinking to achieve innovative solutions
- Assists in the coordination with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Maintains furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) databases, specifications and performance metrics
- May assist with review of RFIs and submittals during the Construction Administration Phase
- May be responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to incorporate all information into project requirements
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project and technical issues
- Recognizes the financial aspect of a project and basic accounting principles involved in ensuring the project’s and firm’s profitability
- Understands the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- Assists in pursuit of new job opportunities either through relationship development or identifying additional work from existing clients
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field
- Experience with software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, InDesign and 3D modeling software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of FF&E to carry out design intent
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- What is your Dream Interior Design Job?
- Interior Design: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location