Design Engineer (Electrical)
For 30 years, AHA has successfully worked with owners, operators, Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers and award-winning architects. They have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high-performance facilities throughout the U.S.
We are Consultants and Advisors first, focusing on clients’ vision and success during and beyond the project. Our services range far beyond MEP design. From strategic concept development to first class, innovation design…beyond engineering.
AHA also provides a “Path to Partnership” program outlining all steps and expectations for anyone in the company looking to take the next steps in their career. We are looking for individuals with passion and commitment to their job responsibilities and take advantage of AHA’s Training and Mentoring programs.
Under the direction of a Senior Electrical Engineer / PM
- Consulting with Lead Engineer, prepare electrical engineering design such as power, lighting, lightning protection system, grounding/bonding, etc. using Revit for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Perform short circuit, breaker coordination, arc flash studies and load analysis using SKM Power Tools.
- Perform engineering calculations in accordance with department standards.
- Communicate with clients, architects and other team members to resolve issues with engineering design and interdisciplinary coordination
- Keep current with building codes and changes
- Conduct field visits to project sites and document existing conditions
- Research equipment selection from online catalogs with input from manufacturer’s sales representatives and application support personnel, under direction of the project engineer
- Possess general understanding of applicable building codes, consult with engineer regarding building code requirements
- Participate in and develop company design production standards
- Promote and use company design production standards
- Handle multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Receive and follow through with specific or technical instructions
- Participate and contribute to department and project team efforts, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements
Position Qualifications (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training/certification or Associate’s degree or equivalent technical training/certification with at least one years’ experience at MEP firm
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical system design
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical concepts
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings
- High degree of analytical skill and ability
- Some local travel required
Position Qualifications (Preferred)
- At least two years of experience in engineering environment or equivalent field of operation
- Skillful use and understanding of Revit
- SKM Power Tools
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills and use of Microsoft Office Teams
- Work in a smaller, flexible department where you have immediate impact
- Full benefits, including health, dental, vision, life and disability
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental and medical leave
- Annual 401(k) contribution by the firm
- Professional development and tuition / certifications reimbursement
- Most of our employees are with us for more than 20 years!
- Opportunity to wear a lot of hats and be exposed to different disciplines and building types
- Flexible work schedules, including early Fridays year-round
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.