Summer Intern/Facilities Engineering
GSK WREF (Workplace, Real Estate & Facilities) is responsible for site operations, site service delivery, and contract management supporting 1000 customers at the US Pharmaceutical R&D Hub at Upper Merion. Services managed include building infrastructure, lab equipment, and production equipment maintenance and repair, food services, meeting services, lab services, and distribution and logistics. As an organization, our objective is to deliver a suitable working environment and underpinning services to support development of tomorrows life savings medicines.
In this role, you will work with the facilities management team to deliver necessary services to the Biopharm pilot plant and laboratories. In this internship, you may participate in and/or lead:
- Inspecting/updating documentation for utility and qualified systems: Process piping plans, P&ID control diagrams, Purified water system skid and distribution systems, Standard operating procedures
- Supporting engineering related capital projects
- Commissioning and testing of new equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment alarms
- Responding to unplanned service disruptions
- Supporting root cause investigations related to equipment issues
- Improving the maintenance and reliability program
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) based on safety, engineering, and compliance standards
- Must be pursuing a B.S. degree in an engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical).
- Ability to walk down distribution systems to update drawings is required.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Interest in pharmaceutical sector.
- Basic CAD capability is preferred.
- Basic to strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility to be determined upon hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment. Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical, or disability-related reasons.