Internship – Universal Creative – Interior Design (Summer 2023)
Summer 2023 Semester:
- Applications Close: March 3rd, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately May 2023 – August 2023
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will assist design and project management teams with the resolution of interior design issues to help achieve project goals. They will learn what is unique in theme park environments and how to design based on the occupancy and use of environments, how to write specifications, and all facets of the project.
- Assists interior design team with developing necessary design studies through the use of CAD, hand sketching and graphic software.
- Supports design coordination with Creative teams.
- Provides design solutions to architects, designers and contractors during design development and construction phases.
- Tracks and document the status of materials, interior design control samples, mockups, finishes and FF&E.
- Updates project interior matrices.
- Assists with presentation preparation and researching materials, factories, and vendors.
- Assists in tracking graphics, AOR and Interior Modification document submittals and GC RFIs.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Interior Design
- Preferred coursework completed: Commercial, Hospitality, and/or Thematic Interior Design
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Photoshop, Sketchup, AutoCAD, and Revit experience required.
- Adobe Suite, BlueBeam, BIM 360, Navisworks, and Spexx experience preferred.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than August 2023.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.