Internship – Live Show Technical Production (Summer 2023)
Summer 2023 Semester:
- Applications Close: March 3rd, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately May 2023 – August 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Intern will aid the live show team in developing live entertainment attractions with industry leading vendors. Interns will learn valuable project, vendor, and design management skills and be able to work across multiple technical disciplines in these areas. Intern will get to interact with industry leading professionals producing state of the art theatrical designs. Intern will be able to shadow and learn about different areas of theme park entertainment production including but not limited to scenic, props, illusions, puppets, lighting, audio, video, rigging, controls, SFX, producing, art direction, etc. Intern will also be able to branch out and learn about other areas that they are interest in, for example, ride development, operations, tech services, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings with vendors of multiple disciplines and explore the system of a unique theatrical venue
- Aid in the production of multiple technical scopes of work
- Produce and organize guidelines for new theater productions and participate and in the creation of function prototypes and/or mockups.
- Attend creative meetings and design reviews and have opportunity to shadow other divisions
- Assist in compiling reports and presentations for weekly updates
- Assemble scope reference documentation
- Assist all Live Show RIs with their day-to-day tasks, including but not limited to: reviewing vendor documentation and designs, redlining documentation, compiling creative information from our IP Partners, contacting patterns to follow up on tasks and deliverables, scheduling meetings internally and with multiple vendors, following up on outstanding RFIs, gaining on site access for our vendors and coordinating visits
- Recording, filling, and following up on action items from daily meetings
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Technical Theatre or similar
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Desire to focus in one or more of the following areas: Technical Director, Production Manager, Stage Management, Audio, Lighting, Video, Automation, Show Control, Props, Scenic
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than August 2023.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.