COST ENGINEERING INTERN (EE)
We are seeking a full-time Cost Engineering Intern for our Olathe Kansas Office. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with Engineering, Operations, Sourcing and Supply Chain to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and market leading Product Technology, Quality, Reliability and Cost of components/parts.
- Team with Strategic sourcing, Engineering, Global Commodity Managers and suppliers to assist and select the best component technology to achieve required functionality at the lowest TCO
- Communicate, suggest options and coordinate with multiple facilities to assist in the component selection
- Align the Product Life-Cycle with the Suppliers’ Technology Roadmaps to insure supply
- Generate cost reduction ideas throughout the Product Life-Cycle from design to end-of-life
- Identify process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs
- Participate in price benchmarking
- Support strategic sourcing efforts for various commodities and services within a matrix organization with emphasis on supporting electronic and electro-mechanical commodities
- Collaborate with Sourcing related to the creation of requests for information, requests for proposals, and requests for quotations and review responses
- Support strategic process improvements plans of continuous improvement and lean initiatives
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Previous experience in engineering, IT, supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution operations
- Fluent in statistical analysis
- Speak, read, and/or write in Spanish, German, or French
This job must be performed within commuting distance of the office listed above.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.