Electrical Engineering Intern
What to Expect in our University Relations Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson students are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center and wellness program
- Opportunities for networking and professional development
- Our students are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
Emerson Tool Company is seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to assist Engineering staff in new product development, advancing electrical technology, and sustaining engineering. You will work in an exciting, cross-functional team environment to support rapid prototyping, testing, and getting product designs ready for production.
Emerson Tool Company proudly manufactures Ridgid Wet/Dry Vacuums, ProTeam Commercial Products, and related accessories.
As A Electrical Engineering Intern, You Will:
- Assist new product design and development: Produce sketches and layouts to formulate design concepts. Create and evaluate prototypes. Support the development of schedules, costs, and engineering documents.
- Advance electrical technology in our products: Research competitive products. Evaluate, test, and document findings. Review market analysis and trends to drive product solutions.
- Perform sustaining engineering activities: Evaluate engineering change requests, prepare change orders, and learn department procedures. Support laboratory testing and agency testing / approvals. Function as part of a global team by collaborating with different departments.
Who You Are:
You solicit both input and discussion. You take time to ask questions and define the problem and make learning a priority and a goal. You establish clear goals with anticipated outcomes and results. You convert ideas into actions and produce results with new initiatives. You treat mistakes as stepping-stones and reduce risk by testing consequences.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Currently pursing a Bachelor's degree program in electrical engineering or a related program such as electronics / mechatronics / robotics or related
- Must have completed the equivalent of 3 years of coursework
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for the role
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Prior Internship/Co-op experience
- Experience with oscilloscopes, and digital multimeters.
- Ability to apply the fundamental concepts of electrical engineering principles such as:
- Circuit design and analysis: AC & DC systems
- Power electronics & motors
Flexible Work Schedule – Core Hours
This role follows a core hours schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Why Work in St. Louis, Missouri
Our facility is in St. Louis, famous for its Gateway Arch standing at 630 feet tall. St Louis is a family-friendly, historic metropolitan area with a low cost of living and first-class schools. The city offers excellent restaurants, shopping areas, art galleries, and numerous festivals throughout the year, making this an exciting place to live and work.
About our Location
This location is the host of Emerson’s corporate headquarters. Our products, such as RIDGID have become household names that support the comfort and well-being of our customers. The employees at this location provide support to the various businesses within Safety and Productivity, allowing for many networking opportunities across businesses. The connectedness between Safety and Productivity and Corporate employees allows for a close relationship and the opportunity to explore opportunities across Emerson.
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.