Energy Engineering - Reliability Automation Engineering Internship (Fall 2023)
What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2023 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December) or into Winter/Spring 2024 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, in-person. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success.
- Fremont, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
About the team
The Energy and Supercharging reliability engineering team is in charge of helping Tesla optimize product design and validate the most compelling and reliable for our customers. For this purpose, the team is responsible for both designing/building automated test equipment to validate current and future products and collecting data to enable the reliability physics analyses.
What You’ll Do
The Intern will work cross-functionally with the Reliability, Test and Data engineers and help support various engineering teams throughout the whole design cycle. The intern will be expected to learn fast, solve problems in a fundamental way, and communicate internally and externally to drive decision making.
- This could include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Build robust and flexible software tools to automate test equipment
- Contribute to the design and execution of product and component level reliability testing including hands on testing with real hardware
- Contribute to the automation and standardization of our data pipelines
- Lead process development and improvement plans
What You’ll Bring
- Currently working towards a BS/MS or advanced degree in electrical/computer engineering, mechatronics, robotics, physics, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience debugging SW and HW issues within network of systems
- Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with automation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Major interest in solving complex and time critical problems
Nice to have
- Experience with data structures, architectures and languages such as SQL
- Experience with basic hardware design