UX Design Intern
SupplyHouse.com, an innovative e-commerce company, is looking for a UX Design Intern to work with us virtually this summer! If you have a positive attitude with a desire to grow and learn within a collaborative, inspiring teamwork environment, we would like to hear from you!
This is a remote-based role within select states in the United States. At this time, we are only able to employ those located in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
This position may require travel to our NY office headquarters up to two times during the program for internal meetings and team-building activities. The cost of travel for employees out of the area will be covered by the company. Additionally, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
Location: Remote (Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington)
Length of Program: June – August
Schedule: Standard business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST. However, there is some flexibility as per our Flex-Time Policy.
- Collaborate with developers and designers to ensure pixel-perfect execution across all project deliverables
- Work with design leads to create compelling interactive experiences
- Optimize and improve user experience through design and usability best practices
- Help develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the site functions and looks
- Perform user research and testing to validate design recommendations
- Prepare and present rough drafts and final designs to internal teams
- Focus on designing product experiences across a variety of platforms
- Work within an existing design system, but consider opportunities to expand upon it
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
- Portfolio of design projects (e-commerce experience is a plus)
- Passion for ideation, collaboration, iteration, and feedback
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Detail-oriented and customer-centered problem solver
- Flexible and comfortable with fast-paced processes
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to learn and contribute
- Gain Experience – Gain real-world, hands-on experience.
- Build Connections – Connect with other interns and team members throughout the company.
- Have Flexibility – Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. However, feel free to utilize our “Flex-Time” policy to adjust your start and end time slightly.
- Collaborate – Working in a team atmosphere is vital to our success and everyone here plays an important role.
- Stay Engaged – Be on the lookout for our virtual activities, events, and giving back initiatives!
We are looking for motivated, passionate students who are hoping to continue working full-time following graduation. Please submit your resume if you are interested in applying!
Please know that we are unable to sponsor work visas or temporarily hire candidates that are authorized to work for a defined period of time in their field of study for this position.