Product Engineering Internship
Product Engineering Intern
The 2023 Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Engineering Internship Program is a 12-week summer internship program crafted for high potential undergraduate students majoring in engineering or other related scientific fields. Interns will be matched to a 12-week project based on their skills combined with the R&D function needs.
The internship provides opportunities for current university students to get hands-on experience partnering with our R&D Engineering teams with a focus on product development. Interns receive formalized feedback, structured training, and mentoring while participating in various key Product Engineering initiatives. This program provides an opening for an early career R&D Engineer or Scientist to experience different stages of the product development-cycle, using various engineering principles and methodologies to help develop solutions and drive revenue with the R&D function.
Interns may be assigned to various locations such as Massachusetts, California, Oregon, North Carolina, etc. Geographic flexibility is required for this internship opportunity.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Outstanding customer focus
- All candidates must be an undergraduate student currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical Engineering or related scientific field.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the R&D function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.