Intern - Process Engineering
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
The Intern Process Engineer will support operations by identifying capacity constraints and maintaining process documentation.
- Perform capacity modeling of specific operations utilizing standard industrial engineering concepts
- Identify capacity constraints and opportunities for improvement
- Document and communicate capacity analysis findings
- Make recommendations for capacity limits
- Update and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Visual Aides, and Forms
Education and Experience
- Current and active enrollment in a degreed Engineering or Engineering Technology program at an accredited institution
- Industrial and/or manufacturing engineering education or experience
- Excellent math skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate in one on one and group setting
We are looking for a full time intern for the summer of 2023.
0% - 25%
Hearing, Seeing, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
100% inside, 80% sitting, 10% standing, 10% walking
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.