Engineering Technician, Coatings
What to Expect
The Coatings team is seeking an Engineering Technician to focus on supporting the scaling of our operations and product range. You will support the development of technically complex processes and equipment to deliver quality and efficient production yield. The candidate will work closely with internal cross-functional teams, external vendors and technology partners on process development from concept to production.
What You’ll Do
- Support process development from concept to serial production
- Technology research and development in design and manufacturing
- Conduct process development trials and testing
- Collect and report results to Engineering team
- Assist Engineers in factory design, layout, and simulation for: line balancing, capacity simulation, modeling, automation, part presentation, data systems, and yield studies
- Support product launch and process validation through on-site support of installation and commissioning of new manufacturing lines
- Execute qualification protocols/activities
- Provide process validation/qualification documentation
- Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are performing
- Coordination with other process, equipment, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines including project managers, manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated techniques are utilized in the finishing/coating of consumer products.
- Experience working with/developing functional/aesthetic finishing/coating processes (e.g. paint, thermal spray, plating and other metal coatings, etc.).
- Experience with robot selection, installation, programming, and maintenance. (Kuka and/or Fanuc experience preferred).
- Experience in developing, executing and interpreting results of Design of Experiments (DOE)
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- Experience using SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. (MS Office suite)
- Travel required – 10%