Engineering Technician (Test Engineering) (7070)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists with extensive experience spanning a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
Exponent’s Vehicle Engineering Practice provides a wide range of vehicle evaluation and testing services. We work with automobiles, buses, trucks, vans, bicycles, trailers, motorcycles, trains, forklifts, tractors, cranes, mining and construction equipment, ATVs, golf carts, and more. We assist clients in addressing multi-faceted issues related to accident causation, failure analysis, vehicle design, and electrical subsystems, and we provide complex component and full-scale product testing services. A considerable asset of the Vehicle Engineering Practice is the Test and Engineering Center (TEC) in Phoenix, Arizona. The TEC is a highly capable test facility that conducts extensive test projects that support our evaluations. Some of the tests conducted at the Phoenix facility include full-scale vehicle testing, mechanical and electronic component testing, and battery testing.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technician with a Test Engineering focus for our Test & Engineering Center (TEC) in Phoenix, AZ. In this role, you will work as part of a team that has broad responsibilities, including working with our engineering and scientific consultants to prepare for and conduct various testing projects. We are looking for someone who is hands-on with the ability to support lab testing and field work. Phoenix area candidates are preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing test projects and interfacing with Project Managers or external clients to provide project updates
- Assisting Project Managers with defining test protocols and recommending appropriate equipment
- Setting up, conducting, and documenting test programs of all types
- Processing, reviewing, and interpreting test data
- Assisting with test facility and test equipment maintenance
- Designing and overseeing the fabrication of unique test fixtures
- Serving individually or as a technician team leader in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Performing field and laboratory evaluations including full-scale vehicle and component testing
- Preparing written technical reports and presenting findings to diverse audiences
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering or Engineering Technology in mechanical, automotive, or a related discipline
- Ability to operate common hand and machine tools
- Knowledge and interest in automotive systems and electronic devices
- Experience with CAD software, and analytical and simulation tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and dedication to quality and accuracy
- Clear written communication and technical writing skills, with the ability to synthesize and present technical information
- Strong team leadership skills
- Must be versatile, team-oriented, and willing to work overtime to meet project deadlines
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.