Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Wondering what’s within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics? Take a closer look.
At first glance, you’ll see that for more than 80 years we’ve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. We’re building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and you’ll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is responsible for determining the optimal manufacturing methods and processes for producing company products.
This position is an integral part of our hardware manufacturing engineering team located in Miami, FL, and will be an onsite role. Within our team, we strive to deliver high-quality products on time, using our Danaher Business tools to solve problems and consistently improve our processes. At Beckman Coulter Miami, our vision is to advance healthcare for every person.
You will be a part of the manufacturing engineering team and report to the Process Engineering Manager responsible for quality and manufacturing process support. If you thrive in a collaborative role and want to work to build a world-class manufacturing organization—read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Make continuous improvements and develop manufacturing process solutions that improve quality, delivery, and cost to customers by minimizing downtime and rework due to quality and/or obsolescence issues
- Solve technical issues by identifying root cause(s) and identifying both short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Designs and develop poka-yoke methods/fixtures within the manufacturing process to improve quality and delivery
- Create action plans that are used to ensure on-time completion of projects
- Support design change implementation actions (updating manufacturing work instructions, executing process validation/qualification, and training associates)
- Ensure company, industry, and regulatory standards are met
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Completed Sophomore or Junior years of study in undergraduate engineering program (mechanical, electrical, biomedical, industrial, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.