Summer Intern/Cross-Functional Engineering
GSK Hamilton Engineering is a cross-functional team of engineers specializing in the fields of electrical engineering, automation engineering, process safety management engineering, mechanical engineering, energy engineering, reliability engineering, and cGMP process engineering that manage the design, construction, commissioning, qualification, and lifecycle management of engineered facilities, systems, and equipment for adjuvant manufacturing. We develop and promote innovation, incorporate advanced materials and technologies, and sponsor a dynamic work environment that inspires world class performance in the design, sustainment, and continuous improvement of manufacturing assets to consistently deliver safe, effective, and efficient production assets.
An opportunity has arisen for an engineering intern at GSK Hamilton. In this role, you will be a member of a highly skilled team of engineers delivering state of the art manufacturing capacity for GSK Vaccines. This role will be in direct support of two major innovations to product yield and throughput which will include process design and optimization, the development of a maintenance strategy for new processes and equipment, and will include tangible contributions to project delivery milestones in design, construction, commissioning, and qualification.
As this role will support cGMP project management, advanced verbal and written communication skills need to be coupled with good organizational skills, a broad engineering knowledgebase, and strong work ethic. You will be working onsite within a cross functional team of partners across the business to include our quality organization, the validation department, engineering, facilities, and process scientists to ensure the projects are delivered to world-class standards.
Throughout the co-op internship the candidate is expected to:
· Contribute to process design, construction management, and IOQ
· Contribute to documentation management
· Learn and have fun!
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Engineering.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Enrollment in a graduate degree program.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.