Summer Internship - Performance Management (Contract)
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
Summary: The Performance Management intern will assist with special projects on the team, research and prepare reports by using performance management and business analysis techniques, and further develop their professional skills in a highly supportive, growth environment.
Preferred Degree Path: Business / Finance / Management Information Systems with a background in data analytics and mathematics preferred.
Length of Term: Start of internship until graduation from university/degree program
1.1 Job Description
- Meet with internal clients/customers to identify needs and concerns
- Conduct information-gathering interviews and obtain feedback from clients and customers
- Collect data and extract data for reporting
- Analyze current data with software applications
- Create summary reports of a company's current standings
- Present recommendations to management about ways to increase efficiency
- Oversee the implementation of technological initiatives
- Develop new models and techniques to standardize data collection
1.3 Required Skills
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Analytics, or Computer Science (w/ business focus). Additional relevant majors will be considered.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 required
1.4 Business skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to share recommendations with colleagues
- Leadership skills, including the ability to work with team members on a project
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to work within a diverse, global workforce that is oriented around customer satisfaction
1.5 Technical skills:
- Comfortable working with and processing large amounts of data
- Data visualization, including tools such as Tableau, Qlik and Google Data Studio
- Business analysis
- Data mining and analytics
1.6 Preferred Skills
- Software Expertise in Google apps (Sheets, Slides, Docs, and Sites) and data visualization (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio, etc.)
1.7 Physical Requirements
- Candidate should be comfortable working for extended periods of time using computers and in an office environment
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.