Architect (CEI) (Fort Jackson, SC)
This position is part of the Army Fellows Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Army Fellows Program use your talent as a federal civilian employee to make a positive difference, to make an impact on the world. The Army Fellows Program is a two-year fellowship as a federal civilian. We hire fellows as permanent, full time employees with full pay and benefits and guarantee placement after the fellowship for those who meet requirements.
We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and we will provide opportunities to apply your talent to make a positive difference through meaningful work. You’ll also learn and grow through a structured but flexible two-year developmental program that accounts for your existing knowledge, skills, behaviors, and preferences and for your career field’s professional competencies.
In this role you will,
- Prepare architectural sketches and study models.
- Assist in contract administration and quality assurance inspection of construction projects.
- Assist in the analysis of problems based on field investigations or studies of construction and design conditions and recommend most feasible and economical methods of solution.
- Review architectural shop drawings for accuracy, completeness and compliance with contract specifications.
- Assist in proposing methods for repairing, restoring and improving existing facilities.
This position is located on Fort Jackson, SC.