Line Producer, America's Newsroom
Fox News Channel is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Line Producer with excellent communication skills to join America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino. The Line Producer will collaborate with senior producers to execute the vision for the show each day. Responsibilities range from filling in for the line producer to writing & producing show leads and copyediting scripts. The Line Producer must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural leader. You’re also an active consumer of news with impeccable judgment and good communication skills. You should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on the fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in daily editorial meetings by pitching original guests and topic ideas
- Produce & write key segments and teases
- Check scripts, banners, and graphics for good grammar and appropriate style & tone
- Handle all aspects of pre-production (call for elements, reporter scripts & elements, pre-taped segments)
- Fill in as line producer: build and maintain rundown, time show, execute from the control room with calm, clear communication to cooperate with technical crew and anchors
- Coordinate & anticipate breaking news coverage as needed
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-4 years of line producing experience
- 5+ years of newsroom experience
- Experience working in a live control room
- Exceptional editorial skills with the ability to recognize stories and elements with high potential for compelling television
- Effective communication skills; ability to provide clarity and reassurance in high-pressure situations
- Passion for organization; ability to simplify complicated tasks under pressure
- A solid base of technical skills (specifically newsroom and video editing software)
- Strong interest/knowledge of current events and politics
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-123,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.