Assistant interior designer
Boutique residential interior design firm seeks an assistant interior designer. Position would require approximately 20 hrs of work per week but may vary depending on project demands. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing small firm & gain experience in all aspects of a project from beginning to completion.
- Creating 3D renderings
- Creating powerpoint presentations
- Drafting construction documents
- Preliminary selections for materials, fixtures & furnishings
- Requesting information and pricing from vendors, contractors & consultants
- Visiting vendors to obtain finish samples + materials
- Assisting in scheduling and receiving deliveries
- Administrative tasks: creating and updating project binders, spec books, contacting vendors to update + build sample library, shipping out packages, etc.
- Assisting with site surveys & overseeing installations
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, & Photoshop, other rendering programs a plus
- Proficiency with MS Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Must be fluent in English & speak at minimum conversational Spanish
- Minimum of 2 years school experience & some work experience preferred
- 2 Professional references
- Must be available 10-15 hours per week & have a means of transportation for visiting sites & vendors.
- Legal status in the U.S.
- We are looking for someone who is professional, positive, solution & goal oriented, & a team player.
- Great communications skills (verbal, written, & oral)