Internship, Universal Creative - Facility Design (Core Studio) (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Applications Close: October 6th, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately January 2024 – April 2024
JOB SUMMARY: The facility design intern will have the opportunity to work along with facility design, master planning and show set team members and be part of the process in the creation of facility layouts, programs, queue analysis and park partner integration. The candidate will also be able to work with outside A&E service vendors and assist in the coordination of the production of conceptual level design drawings. The goal is for the intern to have a better understanding of the overall early inception process inclusive of ideation, feasibility and concept level phases within the studio.
- Reviews existing drawings.
- Understands facility layouts (attractions, food and beverage, retail, etc).
- Produces bubble diagrams and preliminary layouts of different facilities.
- Reviews and participates in the project program creation.
- Accompanies project meetings and be part of the coordination process when dealing with outside vendors.
- Coordinates with other disciplines within the studio and an understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Architecture
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Architecture background
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Revit
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than April 2024.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.