Internship, Universal Creative - Show Set Design, Core (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Applications Close: October 6th, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately January 2024 – April 2024
JOB SUMMARY: Show set design intern will assist the development of multiple themed experiences within the early project phases through concept. Candidate will support the Creative Studio team to generate ideas and develop design studies through the creation of concept models and coordination drawings. They will learn about the creative design and development process of attractions and themed experiences from early ideation through concept development, including exposure to the various team members, departments and partners involved,
- Assists in articulating creative intent during the early phases of development through renders, drawings, artwork, models, etc. that communicate the design intent of the various show elements of an attraction or experience.
- Develops positive and productive relationships with multiple project partners, departments, disciples, and personnel.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Themed Entertainment, Architecture, Interior Design, Production/Set design, and Game design.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Required knowledge of Drafting, 3D Modeling, Rendering, Sketching, and Illustration
- Required software proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Preferred knowledge of Revit, Sketchup, 3Ds Max, Maya, Lumion, Enscape, and/or TwinMotion.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than April 2024.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.