Internship – UXUI Experience Design (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Applications Close: October 6th, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately January 2024 – April 2024
JOB SUMMARY: This intern role will collaborate with a cross functional team focused on defining user experiences across our digital touchpoints and identifying opportunities to enhance customer engagement by executing an elegant and seamless experience. You will gain a combined knowledge of UXUI design and use of our Global Design System and leverage it to transform web and app pages into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Solves visual and interaction design problems by applying user-centered methods.
- Incorporates existing foundations of our Global Design System to create the desired experience.
- Works in a fast-paced environment and is open to iterative feedback.
- Designs and implements UX/UI solutions based on business-defined requirements.
- Supports documentation and archiving needs.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This position requires a portfolio demonstrating past work or school project examples – if available, include a web address with your resume.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Digital Media, Graphic Design, Web Design or related fields.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or Figma, In-Vision, and Abstract.
- Ability to proficiently present design solutions to peers.
- Exceptional brand, visual, and interaction design skills.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be a hybrid experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than April 2024.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.