Internship, Universal Creative – Master Planning (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Applications Close: October 6th, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately January 2024 – April 2024
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will gain an understanding of how theme parks are developed and planned through the support of Master Planning team on a variety of efforts across all of our Portfolios. The intern will be contributing to preliminary design solutions and ongoing project efforts that meet the needs of our partners and provide thoughtful design options to assist in achieving a successful guest experience that also meets our business needs.
- Participates in the development of design and plans communication tools for senior management.
- Supports the planning teams and participates in design discussions.
- Uses CAD, graphic software, and 3d modeling to learn how to make the most of partner input and planning experience on projects such as theme park expansion efforts and new business opportunities.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.*
*This position requires a portfolio and/or work examples – if available, include a web address with your resume.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Architecture, Urban/Regional Planning, Urban Design.
- Preferred coursework completed: Architecture, Urban/Regional Planning, Urban Design, and/or Landscape Architecture.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and CAD required.
- GIS experience preferred.
- Familiarity with datasets and ability to build graphic presentations preferred.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than April 2024.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.