Internship, Universal Creative - Area Development (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 Semester:
- Applications Close: October 6th, 2023, at 11:55PM ET. Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: Approximately January 2024 – April 2024
JOB SUMMARY: Intern will assist in area development tasks for an ongoing construction site by participating in site inspections, product submittal processes, tree planning and planting, tree inspections, irrigation inspections, shop drawing reviews, and ongoing design efforts.
- Attends daily coordination meetings.
- Accompanies leadership on construction site walks.
- Participates in drawing review and field inspections.
- Utilizes CAD for drawings for tree plans, rail and fence detailing, coordination for hardscape pours, and scheduling.
- Assists management of RFI, submittals, and shop drawing submissions.
- Ensures that construction complies with plans and specifications with support from leadership.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role include but not limited to:
- Proficiency with CAD and Adobe Suite required.
- Preferred knowledge utilizing NavisWorks, BIM360, Autodesk Construction Cloud, REVIT.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than April 2024.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.